Today in BOOK LOVE we review the wonderful work of Michael A. Stelzner and his book Launch. This is a book for those who are brave enough to take a long hard look at what marketing means in today’s market place and what it’s likely to mean in the future. As Stelzner shows us,
‘it’s focusing on the needs of others, giving gifts, working with outsiders, and restraining our marketing messages that will lead to marketing success stories.’
These are the complete opposite of traditional marketing principles and in this book he shows us why they work and how we can ignite our own businesses by using the ‘Elevation Principle’ – the process of meeting the core desires of prospects and clients by helping them solve their basic problems at no cost. This is a great read, full of practical strategies and roadmaps from a man who has actually done the work and created his own success story as the founder of Social Media Examiner
The thing I most like about this book, is the language, the visual metaphors, and the energy and enthusiasm he generates for the reader, he makes you want to really take your business ‘out there’, beyond the frontier, as far as it can go. It serves to make you dream bigger and really ‘own’ your strategy for growth. Julie and I are already planning on building a rocket ship in her front room just to keep us on track!!
Below is a quick glance at some of the key points but I really recommend you take a few hours out to contemplate the enormous wealth of knowledge that Michael shares in this book.
- Great Content + Great People – Marketing = Attraction and Growth
- How to shift from ‘pitching’ to ‘boosting’
- How other people can ignite and determine where your business (rocket ship) goes
- How to leverage other ‘experts’
- The difference between your primary, nuclear and promotional fuel
- Knowing your trajectory and where you want to go
- Using markers, speed and motion to stop the gravity drag
- Keeping an ideas vault
- How to create your marketing messages and nurture leads through content
So this really is a step-by-step guide to Launch – whether it’s a new business idea, a campaign or just to re-ignite your enthusiasm and take your business to the next level.